September 28 Update:
DON’T LET COVID FATIGUE GET YOU DOWN! We’ve all felt it at this point: that frustration when we walk up to a business’s front door and realize we haven’t brought our mask, or the annoyance at seeing someone else not observing what are now well established social conventions (like following the arrows in the grocery store), not to mention the incredulity when we read about students throwing parties!
DON’T LET THE ACTIONS OF OTHERS AFFECT HOW YOU MOVE THROUGH THE WORLD! Their choices are not your own, and as long as you follow the guidelines laid out by the WHO, Canadian government, and your own health unit, their choices shouldn’t affect you.
DON’T LET SECOND WAVE PANIC LEAD TO PANIC BUYING! Certainly we should all be stocking up on the essential items we need to remain safe during these difficult times, but there is no rush, and there is no shortage. Take a moment and make a plan as to what supplies you’re going to need, and when, and purchase them in a calm and timely fashion. Buy what you need, but don’t hoard supplies.
DON’T LET STOCK SHORTAGES AFFECT YOUR FEELING OF SAFETY! It’s true, the supply chain to Canada ( and most of the world) has been disrupted, and as a result many of the items we have come to rely on are now unavailable. But this doesn’t have mean to mean that we need to go out. Be innovative! At Kitsupply, we have found the following replacements:
- NO MORE LYSOL WIPES? Use a sturdy disposable cloth (or a reusable one) and an effective disinfectant, such as SABER, found at Kitsupply and GET WIPING! SABER RTU DISINFECTANT is approved by Health Canada to fight Coronavirus, and DRC WIPES are tough disposable paper towels, and MICROFIBER CLOTHS are reusable!
- CAN’T FIND THE NITRILE GLOVES YOU LOVE? Try switching to VINYL or LATEX gloves instead! LATEX and VINYL GLOVES offer a great alternative for those able to use them, and have not faced a scarcity.
- PURELL IS RESTRICTED TO HEALTHCARE ONLY? Get a BULK FILL dispenser and a jug of BIO-SCRUB hand sanitizer; NOW AVAILABLE IN 473 mL and 118 mL as well as 3.78L, BIO-SCRUB is a gel based sanitizer THAT ISN’T WATERY AND SMELLS GREAT! NOW AVAILABLE IN FOAMING SANITIZER TOO!
- WASH YOUR HANDS! Hand washing remains the number one most effective way to fight the spread of germs and viruses, and FROSTY PEARL LOTION SOAP and CLEAN AND GREEN FOAMING HAND SOAP, combined with hot water, will kill even the most hardy germs!
MOST IMPORTANTLY, TAKE THE TIME TO ENJOY YOUR LIFE! The current situation may feel permanent, but it doesn’t have to be. Stay vigilant, stay smart, stay protected, and stay calm!
July 7 Update:
Kitsupply has resumed regular hours! We still are keeping our front door closed to the public, however we are now taking orders at the front door, along with phone and email. Please knock and we will come out to you and take your order, or call or email ahead of time to have your order already pulled and ready for pick up.
- Our supply of Hand Sanitizer has returned and is now steady and reliable, and we have started carrying a hands-free, foot pedal activated sanitizer dispenser in two styles; 4L capacity and 1L capacity. Purell branded sanitizer, however, still remains unavailable.
- We also have a steady supply of 3-ply disposable masks, which are available to the general public, and no longer on allocation.
- Sanitizing wipes still remain largely unavailable, however we have the Saber RTU (ready-to-use) disinfectant available which can be used with a durable dry-wipe to provide the same function as disinfecting wipes. Spray triggers for Saber are also available.
- Gloves have not yet returned to regular supply levels, however please feel free to enquire as the situation changes regularly.
Thank you everyone for your continued support and patience. Kitsupply is proud to serve the community in these uncertain times. If you have any questions, please feel free to email or phone and we will be happy to answer.
June 5 Update:
Again, we want to thank everyone for their understanding and patience during this time. While other businesses are opening the doors, we have decided to keep our locked. We are still available for pickups we just ask that you call ahead if possible. Typically there is only one person in the office at a time so if you show up and we aren’t expecting you the process might take a little longer. Stock levels on some products are leveling out however items such as gloves, wipes and hand sanitizer for dispensers are still lacking. We are also still doing regular deliveries. If you had an order placed with us and have recently opened back up please contact us so we can deliver your product. Again, thank you all for your support. We are so lucky to operate a business in this area!
April 7 Update:
We want to thank everyone for being so patient and understanding during these uncertain times. Our front door is locked and we are encouraging everyone to call or email with any orders and inquiries. There is still someone in the building at all times that will bring items out to you for pick up orders. We are not allowing anyone in to browse the store front. We do not have any masks, disinfecting wipes or hand sanitizer at this point and a very small amount of gloves and toilet tissue that we are trying to preserve for front line workers. Please call 519-881-2007 or email email@example.com with any inquiries!
March 17 Update:
Due to the COVID-19 virus we have decided to limit access to our store front. We are still here for deliveries and pick ups for orders previously placed but want to limit the amount of people walking in for products we currently don’t have. Please call us to inquire about anything you are looking for and we will be happy to serve you. 519-881-2007.
As of right now we are completely out of hand sanitizer and have been given a date of mid-April to May before we will receive again. If you want on the waiting list please call and let us know. Thank you for your continued support.