Sweeping and mopping is easily one of my least favourite cleaning activities. As soon as you finish and sit down on the couch it doesn’t even look like you did anything. Chances are I have missed spots but there’s something about hard wood floors that just seems to attract dust. I don’t think I’m alone in that belief either. In fact it’s alarming how many people come in to the store looking for an alternative; and once they’ve seen or heard about the Rubbermaid Microfiber Wet/Dry Mop the solution is clear.
Typically customers see this product in various hospitals and nursing homes around Walkerton. It is quick and easy to use and is proven to remove 99.9% of microorganisms which is why it is so popular in places where the spread of germs can be costly. However, it works just as well in the home. The Rubbermaid Microfiber Mopping System is composed of three parts; the handle, the frame and the pad. It can be used as either a wet mop or a dry mop depending on the pad and can also be used to clean walls.
- Comes in three different size frames-11″, 18″ and 24″ (18″ being the most popular)
- Different types of pads available: dust pad with fringe, wet pad, wet pad high absorbency and wet pad with scrubber
- All pads are reusable and should be laundered. The pads are durable through 500 launderings and 200 launderings when bleach is used making them extremely cost effective.
- There are no cleaning solution cartridges to get rid of which allows you to use whatever cleaning solution you already have/prefer (although you don’t necessarily need to use solution, water works well too!)
- One step connection mechanism between the handle and the frame
- Dust mop removes up to 80% more dust and dirt than traditional cotton dust mops
- Wet mops cleans floors 45% better than string mops and 25% better than conventional microfiber flat mops
- The dense 3-5 micrometer quality fiber removes more dust, dirt and microbes than conventional cleaning products
Steps for Use
- Attach handle to mop frame
- Place a clean pad on the ground with the white side facing upwards
- Center the pad on the frame and attach using the hook and loop system
- Always dust mop or sweep before using a wet mop
- As shown in the image below when using the dust mop or the wet mop pad, divide the room into quadrants and use figure 8 sweeping techniques through all four quadrants
- It is recommended that you use a new pad for each room you do (especially when you are cleaning somewhere where disease/bacteria control is crucial). Once pad has been used place it somewhere to be laundered.
This mopping system is a game changer. The first time you use Rubbermaid’s Microfiber Mopping System you will notice how easy it is to use and how effectively it cleans your floors. When a product delivers an exceptional clean and saves you time it becomes a staple. Cleaning smart doesn’t have to be hard and with this mopping system it isn’t. Clean effectively, clean smart!